Women Rock Awards, together with WE Magazine for Women and Women in Ecommerce – Showcases Women Who Integrate the Web and/or Technology as Part of Their Business Practices. Each Year our goal is to champion the outstanding achievements of women around the globe for their dedication, determination, and drive.
NOMINATIONS for the Class of 2022 are now closed!
To be considered for the next list, you must be a woman who has been doing business online for a minimum of two years from the date of submission.
50+ Women were chosen as WINNERS in the 2020 Who’s Who List of Women Rocking the WEB.
Learn more and read their profiles here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ANSWERED
How did this award start?
- The original award was called the Who’s Who in Ecommerce – Listing of Women who primarily use the Internet/Social Media to promote their businesses. The first list appeared in the 2008 Directory, produced by Women in Ecommerce™, (a resource that showcased women who had an online presence either in the form of a website or blog and who either promote a product or service via one of those vehicles or earn money through affiliate sales).
What Makes a WRTW Award Honoree?
- We are honoring women who promote their business/organization on the web using a variety of strategies including:
- Social media, email marketing, website design and promotion, affiliate marketing, video marketing, podcasting, blogging, joint ventures and more.
We are looking for Women:
- Who have owned their business or worked in a leadership role within their organization for at least two years.
- Participate in cause-related events, organizations and programs. Lead or make a meaningful contribution to a cause within their community, circle of influence or industry, mentor other women and generally make a difference in the lives of others.
- Inspire and supports others through mentoring and/or volunteering.
All Entrants/Nominees will be able to use our custom designed NOMINEE Badge on their website and in their marketing, which you receive once nomination is submitted and approved.
All nominees will be mentioned on social media with a link back to their website/blog or social profile — eg. Congratulations to Mary Johnson on being a NOMINEE in the Women Rocking the Web Awards! Learn more about her here: (link to your web or social profile).
All Nominees will be listed on our forthcoming Nominee page with a link to their website or chosen online presence
If you are chosen as a finalist/honoree a special profile page will be created for you. (See Sample here)
Honorees will be listed in all our own media announcements including press releases announcing winners and more.
What are the benefits of being involved in the Women Rocking the Web Awards?
In addition to all the promotional benefits, winning an award of this caliber increases your influence, your clients and prospects confidence and can boost your rankings in the search engines.
What is the Criteria to Apply
- Must be a woman run enterprise and clearly show how you are promoting your business or organization via the web (including a website, social media and more).
- Must submit a completed application – which includes name, location, contact info, business start date, preferred placement category, links to online presence (web, social media), a photo (headshot), a 350 to 700 word essay about your business, 1 testimonial or endorsements about your work. Optional – company logo and one additional photo of you.
Is there a Cost to apply?
- Yes there is a $27 fee – part of which is administrative to add nominee information to our website as well as share on social media, etc. This also helps to cut down on or eliminate spammers and nominees that are not legit. Of that fee, $7 will be donated to our 2022 charity Girl Up.
Girl Up, a campaign of the United Nations Foundation, a 501(c)(3 organization is a movement to advance girls’ skills, rights, and opportunities to be leaders. When girls rise, we all rise. Supporting Girl Up can help change a girl’s life forever. It will go to United Nations programs that support refugee girls in developing countries like Ethiopia and Uganda; indigenous girls in Guatemala; and other girls who want to go to continue their education in India, Liberia and Malawi. Our support can help provide a girl with life-changing opportunities such as the chance to go to school, see a doctor, and stay safe from violence.
By submitting a nomination to Women Rock Awards, you’re really helping a girl have a brighter future – and you can help us reach (and even exceed) our personal fundraising goals.
How will the award be promoted?
- Via Social Media (300K combined followers), in our newsletter, email, press releases and more! Honorees will also be invited to participate in an exclusive online networking event where they will have an opportunity to introduce their company and network with other honorees.
- Honorees will receive a badge designating them as a 2022 winner.
- Honorees will receive a special media release they can customize to send to their media as well as a swipe file of content they can share on their blogs, social media and more.
- Honorees will be listed in our media release that is posted here and sent to our exclusive list of 25,000 media
- Honorees will receive several social media images they can share on their social media channels. See the 2020 images here
Optional Promotional Package
- This year we will also offer honorees a separate Promotional Package should you decide you want to take advantage of all the additional Promotions listed below. If you chose the optional Promotional package (FEE TBA), in addition to being listed on our new website as an honoree, and in our press release sent to our media outlets, you will be featured in a special segment on WE Magazine for Women as well as receive custom graphics that include your name, company and award category, which will be shared on our social media (over 300K) Note: We promote the list on social as part of your submission, however individuals will be promoted as part of the promotional package.
- As mentioned above, as part of the promotional package, Honorees will receive custom images created with their name that can be used on their social media sites to showcase their award.
- A custom promotional video will be created for those who wish to participate in the promotional package. The video will list honoree with their name, company and category. To see a sample video, check out the Golden Mouse Award (South Florida) Video from 2017.
As part of the optional Promotional Package, honorees will also be featured in our annual commemorative issue of WE Magazine for Women. You can view some of our previous Lists in these special editions of WE Magazine for Women:
Heidi Richards Mooney, Founder, Women in Ecommerce™ & Publisher, WE Magazine for Women
ABOUT WOMEN IN ECOMMERCE:
Women in Ecommerce™ is a global publishing and membership platform – a Global Network for Women that Increases Your Visibility and Influence!
Since 2001 Women in Ecommerce™ has been the “hub” for women and organizations looking for information to grow business, start a business and/or take your business to the “next” level. Representing the professional interests of millions of women around the globe, Women in Ecommerce™ is working daily to open the doors to networking, business development and leadership opportunities.
Our mission is to “Help YOU do MORE Business on and off the WEB™”
For more information about Women in Ecommerce™, visit http://www.WECAI.org.
Follow us on social media:
Facebook Page (WE Magazine) http://www.facebook.com/WEMagazine
Facebook Page (Women in Ecommerce) http://Facebook.com/WomenInEcommerce
Twitter (WE Magazine) http://twitter.com/WE_Magazine
Twitter (Women in Ecommerce) http://twitter.com/WECAI